February 14, 2010

Snow day and Birthday

So Friday was the first time in history that every state, except Hawaii, had some sort of snow fall/precipitation. I got a call that morning from Lindsey to see if we wanted to take a drive north to see some snow on the ground. I drove Lindsey and her daughter Ella about an hour north.

We ended up driving by a house that had a huge yard with great snow coverage. I pulled up and went to the door to see if it would be OK to play in the yard. I explained to the nice lady that the 5 yr old girl had never seen snow before. She said 'no problem, have fun!'


We each made a snowman. This was mine. Coop jumped up and sniffed the face!



Snowman tracks!


Cooper tracks!!



I really didn't want to see snow on this trip, but it was fun to go out and play! I'm glad it didn't stick and the next following days it was in the 60s!




Coop had a blast running around. We all had a snow ball fight and when we would throw one at Coop he would bite at it and it would disintegrate in his mouth!



The next day was Coop and my birthday. We went out to the flea market after I cashed in on my free birthday Grand Slam at Denny's! The flea market was great people watching.


Later that night we headed over to the Alabama Music Box to see the Super Nice Bros. The crowd there was great. Mardi Gras was in full swing. The parades have been going everyday for days now and the Music Box was staying open 100 hours starting on Friday!! You could go there and sleep for a couple hours on the floor and then get right back to drinking! If I would of been here 10 years ago I wouldn't of survived!!



The Super Nice Bros. put on an amazing show. The crowd was jumping all around. Some people were dressed up and had paint on the face. Pretty much everyone there had beads on.

I have seen them twice now, and Appleseed hasn't had a shirt on for either. And Ponytail slowly undresses as the show goes on, by the end of it all he is left wearing is boxers and a wife beater!

After the show we headed over to Paddy O'Tooles to see Bucky and have a few more. It was a good night and I didn't get crazy. I have learned that the day after a birthday is sometimes the worst day of the year!!!



Thanks everyone for the great Birthday. Thanks everyone for the Birthday wishes and gifts for Cooper and I. Happy to see 31!!
Love and licks
Sean and Cooper

No comments: